Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Starbucks?

I’m connected to the Internet at one of Damascus’ trendy Western-style coffee houses which offer free wireless Internet access. The chain, inhouse coffee -- all lowercase -- which has no Arabic spelling of its name in its signs or logos, boasts five locations around the city.

I’m at the location in Malaki, a district of quiet, leafy streets to the west of many major embassies. The music is American, the coffee European. The menu includes an array of caramel, toffee, mocha and cinnamon flavors and any combinations thereof. Who needs Starbucks?

3 Comments:

Blogger el chancho said...

nice bootys

8:15 PM  
Blogger sasa said...

Lovely writing! I've written about your blog here - I wish I'd found it back in September. Ahlayn fi Sham.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Arab said...

are thoose two tight asses syrian?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home